- Pray for opportunities at the school with students. The point of me being at Ntare is to link to their christian union. And the point of that is their discipleship in the word, just like Christianity Explored at Bryanston. I need to be bold to take every opportunity in class, in PE, which I might be teaching, in coaching running, which might also happen, and in Scouts. I want to be the obnoxious Christian who invites you to everything.
- Pray for opportunities at the school with teachers. The school is decidedly Christian: there are “What would jesus do” stickers on the classroom clocks and on the staff computers, but obviously, it can just be in name. I am considering starting a staff fellowship / dinner/ bible study at my house once I get settled in to the school. Pray that I would be bold enough and open enought to invite people to come along.
- Pray for the ABIDE boys (18-21) to turn into all stars, or as Matt Chandler calls them, spiritual “hitters.” May this happen by the power of the word.
- May I also be a hitter and always have the gospel at the forefront of my mind for those I meet in town who are not true believers, who, 2 Cor 3, have not had the veil lifted. I want to witness some great evangelism and learn how to do it / undo some of the UVA cool-guy mentality that grew on me for four years there.
- May I not rely on my strengths, but put away the facade and learn to fish like Jesus.
- May I learn culture, language, and issues of Mbarara quickly so that I can speak in schools to where students are. Eventually I’ll be speaking to teachers in the fall.
- May I bring grace and truth in love to churches that are obviously getting lots of things wrong, but PTL, they are still doing good for the community. Priests, vicars, and bishops over here can be like rockstars in the community. They even put their faces on crusade posters… which I could not believe. Legalism and pride seem to be a big issue.