- The dogs kill an Ibis and drag it by its neck to the porch. Like a chicken crossed with a kiwi.
- the hose slips off my saudi arabian burner and shoots three foot flames from the end of the hose. i turned it off, don’t worry.
- in uganda you can put a banana on the end of a stick and roast if over a fire
- geckos, but also these small snake looking lizards with a forked tongue, will crawl on my wall. maybe a small gila monster.
- college students make most of their calls between midnight and 5 am. Why? Because its free. i’ve been receiving a lot of calls at 4 in the morning just to chat.
- an entire grade was suspended for the boys who threw rocks through the headmasters office. they got chased by the police and I was awoken by the flares and shotgun blasts. Hopefully just up in the air.
- we found a dog in the 6 foot junk yard pit in Dale’s farm. Richard, the guard, had to go down there to get him out…
- broke my own window opening it. thin glass.
- no garbage service in this part of uganda, so you burn your trash. I had a month’s worth of trash in a refrigerator box that I doused with petrol and put out in the front yard. I’ve wanted to make that big of a fire ever since I was a kid.