As I’ve gotten to know our team more, and we’ve also been expanding, we have many more things going on around town for you to pray for. Print this and put it on your fridge!
- I am trying to start a bible study for the young ones at Ntare, those who recently prayed to become christians at the recent conference. I am planning on going through luke with them for the rest of the school year. Please pray that it would get off the ground soon, that we could have it here at my house as a change of scenery from school, that kids would be eager to come, that I could cook decent american food for them, that they would see my house as a place they’re always welcome, that they would learn and know jesus and the gospel and grow because of this undertaking. i will need god’s help.
- pray for mike’s romans bible study in town. he has around 25 people from nearly every denomination in the city coming. (not catholic or muslim.) i don’t know how he did it. this is a big opportunity for us to practically see our big picture goal come to life
- the big picture goal is for theological shift to be corrected here in sw uganda. in other words, that truth would be here. what that means is that god will speak to people through the bible about what the gospel actually is: that we are saved by grace, not works, through the historical christ and this changes the way we live. hopefully we have that right, because if it’s our agenda and not god’s, we will run dry. every church is different, but some are, to say it politely, off target. The full council of scripture is a great idea, and to have all these individuals who can lead in their churches in one room to share their thoughts on romans is big!
- pray for Joel and Jill’s bible study at the university. many of the students come from similar situations, and conversations about falling into sin and losing your salvation because of that sin are common. you could pray that the bible would be the bible and convict them (and us) when we are off the mark
- pray for lara and allison, the two medical students who are helping at the local university hospital. pray that their time, although difficult to see all of the negligence, would be a fruitful experience and that they could impact other medical students and doctors. how? by showing their motive for caring for people – not because the government tells you to or because a patient pays you under the table, but because they are made in the image of god
- pray for stephen, the farmer. i help him on fridays. pray that he would master the farming techniques and also that his ministry with the locals who farm would convey the gospel to them