Everyone has approaches to dealing with conflict. I love sunday school / bible studies, when I used to think they were boring, because they are the practical means that the Holy Spirit goes about his work of giving me wisdom: “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come..” John 16:13. The following conflict guide is only making it to you because the H.S. led me to it and is leading you to read it!
In Conflict, people respond one of the three following way:
- Denying they have conflict with you or others
- Running away from conflict with you or others
- Contemplating suicide because of you or others
Do you laugh at these so called “weak” people? Do you confront or attack them? Or do you take Jesus’s approach and love them and meet them where they are, encouraging them to be strong?
Do you know people who:
- Assault people they disagree with to get their way or to get justice?
- People that sue and create a lawsuit when they could have resolved the problem in person or let it go
- Murder. People who believe that to get what they want, nothing or no one will stand in their way.
Do you laugh at these so called “arrogant” and “abusive” people? Do you attack them in return? Do you run away from them because they strike fear in you? What kind of standing up to a tyrant works and does not work? What was Jesus’s approach? Confronting them with their flaws GENTLY and helping them rekindle love for others?
I am in such situations now! I want to be Christ to these people, but it’s so hard. All I can do is pray that Christ will speak even when I can not.