Today I experienced some powerful community and empowerment for everyday life at Bandera Road City Church in San Antonio TX.
- worship that turns cold hearts warm
- powerful delivery of god’s word on how to respond when we hear god whisper something to us
- message on what happens when nothing happens when we did what “we thought god asked of us”
- baptism sunday, 50+ baptized on stage, joy on so many faces involved in the Lord’s work
- prayed for others, others prayed for me
- a dude had been looking for my lost bible from 4 weeks prior and FOUND IT
- clarity of mind on my medical situation from a wise woman who has seen it all
Good sermons are good, but they are not the only reason to go to a church or to not go to a theologically weak church. I have been blessed so much by the community here, while not necessarily from the messages, but participating in the body of christ and fellowshipping with other believers. Consider that when your friends start saying “I love Jesus but don’t like the institution of “church.” ” Maybe church is the hurdle they need to get over to start seeing differently.