I will be taking a long break from blogging to go do some living. I joined the US Air Force back in July. Now it’s time for a gut check: I am really going in on Oct 16. I’ll do basic training in Lackland AFB, San Antonio. Then Xmas break, hopefully. Then Indoc hits. Indoc will be the toughest ten weeks of my life and if there is ever a time to lay it all out on the line and be 100% fired up, it will be then: mid January through early March. Prayers appreciate specifically for:
- letting my light shine, my most important and primary calling
- finding believing brothers and reading scripture, encouraging others to come to christ
- strength and perserverance
- all dark thoughts of quitting / giving up / doing something different need to go!
- putting others before myself always
Blogging is helpful I think for diagnosing life and reflecting. It helps you take mental practice for when you get back in to the ring to be able to debate and combat false ideas. However, sometimes the lifestyle of blogging can prevent you or me from going out and living. The philosopher usually stays inside and philosophizes. I can’t do that all day.
Photos coming soon.
The first semi-annual mbarara 5k (hopefully semi-annual when we train locals how to organize this for themselves) was a success. We had over 40 runners sign up, police at three strategic locations, a dirt bike lead car (lead bike), and over 60 extra specators. Here were some other highlights:
- interviewed by tv west
- dubai shopping center provided 10 giveaways for our raffle
- ruth’s bagels gave out 140 bagels and sold plenty on the spot
- standard charter bank gave large donation
- some UN interns ran
- winner was 15:29
- Justus came 5th place and yours truly 6th place
- raised over 1M shillings to send three men to be trained for street children ministry
- many people came through the church doors, hopefully we will see them back at church
Click here to print it out and share it if you are in SW Uganda. I have no idea if that applies to anyone.5kflyer
I am the race director for a 5k coming up on June 25. We are planning to fund raise for some street children ministries, and also bring people into the church who don’t normally come to the church. Additionally, in a place that rarely has much racing or fitness, this will be good for the city. Also, it will be the launching platform for Ruth’s growing business – Ruth’s Bagels. There are no bagels in this town. Hardly anyone knows what they are, but we are trying to change that.
Please pray for the race to be a success in terms of turnout and safety, for the mayor and the police to lend a hand, and for the gospel to go forward because of this event.