Thought it would be worth putting up here. Why did I decide to head to Uganda? What sort of connection is there between what I know and what they need?
1.50% of Uganda’s Population is 4-14 years old. It’s called the 4-14 window. This is a massive sector of society that is not receiving the nurture and education they need and deserve as beings made in the image of God.
2.Each mother has on average 7 children. Many run around without any semblance of parents or mentors.
3.1 in 4 Ugandans will contract HIV or Malaria. Education again is a huge need to begin preventing largescale health problems.
4.Government schools are relatively non-existent. Kids go to private schools if they can afford it or are sponsored. Therefore, let’s train some more teachers and make schooling available.
5.The need for education and discipleship of these young kids is obviously huge. The ABIDE program I will work with will have me living in community with some teenagers from the area who might not have parents or positive male influences in their lives.
“Vocation is the place where the world’s greatest need meets your greatest talent and greatest joy.” – Frederick Buechner
Friends who read my blog and want to support me teaching in Uganda:
Maybe direct support for missionaries is not a very easy option for you at the moment. Understandable! I just had to sell my car to keep things afloat. Here is an alternative.
1. Visit My Fundraising Website
2. Register (top right). Email and address only.
3. Consider purchasing some of the items you already buy on a weekly or monthly basis, but try a new brand
4. Why? A % cut based on sales is given back to me to use towards my trip, as well as the difference between wholesale and retail.
5. Refer this to your friends! You also buy in bulk so you get a large supply that lasts (like Sam’s Club)
6. The ribbon gift cards are an especially good choice for easy christmas shopping with no lines
7. Shipping over 75$ is free
By the way, I am holding a dare with Navy Seal John McGuire. He thinks he can raise more money for my trip to Uganda through his network of workout members than I can through my fundraising website. We’ll see about that. If you would like to help me beat him, but more importantly help me better schools and teachers in Uganda, please register as a customer on my website.
Current Fundraising Level: Approx. 1/3 Fundraising Support is Raised!